A Voice in the Woods, Page 7
May 30, 2015, 1:00:38 PM
How It's Made: A Voice in the Woods - 7
Here's the next installment of How It's Made for A Voice in the Woods, page 7.
- The wolf stands there with Hana in his maw. She’s unconscious. Natsumi has her bow drawn. The wolf smells the faint smell of the Elixir of Immortality. Wolf: The Elixir of Immortality for the child. I can smell it on you, girl!
- Natsumi: glances towards her back pocket. Natsumi: Is that blue stuff really important, Bunbun?
- Jade steps between the wolf and Natsumi Jade: Wolf, consider me instead. Let the girl go and take me.
- The wolf backs away. Wolf: I have no interest in rodents especially those as monstrous as you. Jade: I could heal you. Wolf: The great poison-maker? I think not! The Elixir for the girl.
- The wolf withdraws into the darkness. Wolf: Nothing less if you care to see your kin again!
When I put this storyboard together, I realized, I should have probably setup the Elixir of Immortality being in Natsumi's pocket (it's mentioned all from the beginning of A Voice in the Woods), so I went back to the previous page and racked my brains for a way to insert it. A closeup might be best, but there was no room for it and I liked the layout of page 6. So, I decided to just insert it in the first frame of that page. It's in the lower right hand corner of that frame, out of the way, but it's there. Maybe that worked? Maybe it didn't. It made me feel better about including it in any case, so I could do the close up on this page, which is probably the most important bit.
Jade looks really derpy in the third frame. I admittedly, sometimes I like some of the derpy, simple drawings I do for the storyboards. Maybe I should just make them the final artwork. :)
The drawings towards the end of this page get really, shall we say, crummy looking, but they're just for layout purposes.
Okay, I kinda do like the images of Jade for this page -- at least the one in frame 4.